50 New York City parenting blogs
What do living in New York City and being a parent have in common? Both can be very rewarding and very challenging -- often at the same time. Combine the two, and it makes for an experience that builds character and perspective. Sometimes, the outcome is a New York City parenting blog.
Below are 50 such blogs, sorted into various categories -- though being blogs, they almost all stray into the "personal reflection" realm to some extent.
Advice and support communities
- Mommybites -- Advice and support for new and expectant mothers.
- Latina on a Mission -- Practical tips on household topics for parents.
- Lollitot -- Advice on urban parenting.
- Motherlode -- A New York Times blog featuring advice on parenting topics.
- New York City Parents -- A place for parents in New York to share information and experiences.
- NYC Dads Group -- An exchange of advice and experiences by fathers in New York.
- NYC Single Mom -- Perspectives from a single mother in New York.
- Parents of New York Teens -- A forum for exchanging advice about raising teens in New York City.
- Park Slope Parents -- Practical information and advice about raising kids, heavily focused on the Park Slope area of Brooklyn.
- Role Mommy -- Tips from a mother in Westchester.
- Tough Cookie Mommy -- Thoughts on managing family and career at the same time.
- Change for kids - Programs and advocacy for improved education in New York City.
- Inside schools - An independent guide to New York City public schools.
- NYC Private Schools Blog - A guide to New York City's private schools.
- NYC Public School Parents - Information and opinions centered on New York's public schools.
- Breakfast to Bed -- Healthy food and recipe-oriented site by a young mother.
- Mommy for the Win -- Tips on a variety of parenting topics.
- What Do We Do All Day -- Practical suggestions about do-it-yourself activities for parents and kids.
- My Mom Shops -- A shopping guide by a mother of two in New York.
- A Child Grows In Brooklyn -- A variety of information and advice of interest to parents of children in Brooklyn.
- Ciao Bambino -- Information on how families can explore a variety of destinations, with a page dedicated to New York.
- Daddy Types -- Wide-ranging discussion of news and products of interest to parents of young children.
- Divalysscious Moms -- Information on the New York City social scene for recent or expectant mothers.
- Manhattan Mom -- Tips on events, activities, and products for children.
- Mommy Poppins -- Information and recommendations about kid-friendly activities.
- New York Families for Autistic Children -- Resources and advice for families with autistic children.
- New York Family -- Information and advice for New York-area parents.
- New York Parenting Teens Examiner -- Programs and events of interest to teens and parents of teens in New York.
- The Culture Mom -- Information about cultural events in and around New York City for kids and their parents.
- The Word on Columbia Street -- Events and issues of interest to families living around Columbia Street in Brooklyn.
- Time Out New York Kids -- Reviews and recommendations for parents, with an emphasis on kid-friendly events.
- UrbanBaby -- Information and discussion of issues and events of interest to parents of very young children.
- A Momma Grows in Brooklyn -- The personal experiences of a Brooklyn mother.
- English Dad in New York -- Thoughts and humor by a New York City father from England.
- Heading East -- Day-to-day stories about parenting.
- MetroDad -- Reflections on becoming a dad, and it's impact on one's lifestyle.
- Mom-101 -- First-hand observations about parenting, told with a healthy dose of humor.
- Motherhood in NYC -- Anecdotes about parenting.
- Musings from a New York City Mom -- Insights centered on the challenges of parenting in New York City.
- New Dad's Blog -- A New York City dad reflects on the transition into fatherhood.
- New York City Dad Developer -- Miscellaneous thoughts from a working father in New York.
- New York Dad's Blog -- Observations from a New York City father.
- New York Running Mom's Blog -- Various stories and thoughts about the unique challenges posed by the city.
- New York State of Mom -- Anecdotes about the ups and downs of being a parent.
- Pistols and Popcorn -- Parenting tales and humor from a mother in Brooklyn.
- Stroller in the City -- Commentary on raising kids and shopping in New York.
- The Mama Bird Diaries -- A journal on a mother's experiences.
- The Stroller Ballet -- First-hand experiences of a mother with a small child.
- Upper West Side Mom -- Experience and advice from a mother of four children on New York's Upper West Side.
- Veep Veep -- Lifestyle and parenting stories from a young New York City mother.
These blogs have varying degrees of professionalism and commercialism, but as such they represent a spectrum of choices that allows readers to find the voices that resonate with them. What the sites have in common are insights into the dual challenges of parenting and living in New York City, which should make them all of potential interest to anyone in the same situation.